I love to READ and I LOVE books, like physical books- none of this kindle/digital stuff 😉 Reading gives me instant inspiration and takes me on a mini-journey without even leaving my chair.
2016 has been a transformational year for me in my personal life as well as my professional life. I decided to follow my trail of studies to see how these teachers assisted me on my journey of CHANGE. With the help of these teachings I have been able to launch a new business, cultivate genuine connections and explore difficult questions.
When I find a book I love I carry it with me everywhere until I have finished reading the book. I mark my books up with notes, highlights, lines, the more worn the book is the more you know I enjoyed it! I read so often that I usually grab anything within reach as my book marker. Money, receipts, business cards, pictures, etc. My Books hold my treasures 🙂
I am listing out these books first as I remember them and then by category. I am sure I am missing a few but here was my 2016 reading list. If you are craving DEEP change in your money mindset, your understating of our energy/spiritual systems, preparing for death of simply a book how embrace your creative side- these books are game changers!
Books that focus on MONEY, HONEY!!
- Get Rich Lucky Bitch, GREAT read if you’re looking to attract MORE money in your life in the 2017 year. Denise’s style is very woo-woo (air-fairy, new-age, etc.) which I completely enjoy!
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind this book was gifted to me 8 years ago when I was a nanny for a life coach. I held on to this book throughout many shifts, moves, changes in my life knowing one day I would find this book to be handy as I create more WEALTH in my life. If you’re one to want to stay out of the woo-woo when it comes to money attraction and look at it from a more logical/psychological point of view, this is your book!
- MONEY Master the Game– If you have not been introduced to Tony Robbins yet, he’s worth a google. This is a great book for money if you are looking for investment and strategies as he interviews the most legendary financial experts in the world.
- Dot.com Secrets – If you are an Entrepreneur and looking to learn a TON of awesome and simple email strategies for higher conversions you want to get your hands on this book 🙂
Books for Personal Development:
- The Big Leap– Another FABULOUS book if 2017 is a year you want to see REAL leaps and bounds in your life. If you ever hear ‘zone of genius, up-level, or limiting beliefs’ they are most likely referenced from this book. Gay demonstrates how to eliminate the barriers to success by overcoming false fears and beliefs.
- BIG MAGIC, I’m the FIRST person to run out and buy a cool new book and I personally LOVE Elizabeth Gilbert. I took her book EAT, PRAY, LOVE with me to Europe in 2007 and ate at the same pizza place she did in Naples, I also stayed in the same town in Bali she did in 2014. But I intentionally did not purchase this book, I set the intention to manifest this book to show up when I was READY instead. I wanted to manifest the book to show up when it was the perfect time for me to receive her message fully. I made this intention almost a year ago, and I got my hands on it the last week of December! A perfect way to end 2016 and enter 2017 with BIG MAGIC. Insight to her unique portrayal of ideas and how creativity can be captured, harnessed, navigated and released.
- Walking on the Wind– I love to study different cultures, religions and traditions in my ‘free time’. I am not Native American but I am fascinated by the practices they had and deeply respect the way they treated all living things as connected. Michael reveals through these tales how to make sense of our experiences in life, see beauty in them, and be at peace with our choices.
- Healing Secrets of Native Americans – After reading the book above, I wanted to expand my personal knowledge on natural remedies. In this book you will discover how the Native-American tradition uses plants and herbs, heat, movement and sound, visualization, and spirituality to heal dozens of everyday ailments and illnesses.
Books for Yogis, Namaste.
- Wanderlust– This is an interactive book with space to learn, create sequences, read and write notes. Wanderlust is a road map for the millions of people engaged in cultivating their best selves. If you know me I’m ALWAYS working, Doing, brainstorming, launching, whatever. I love what I do so much that it’s so hard for me to step away and just ENJOY the silence spaces in-between. This book reminds you of the journey as a whole J
- How to Walk/Eat/Love/Relax/Sit – Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh teaches us in a few powerful words per page on the simplicities of every day tasks into meditative movements. I use these books in my yoga classes and I love how they translate into any level of meditative practice.
- Journey to the Heart – A devotional for the Yogi, if you will. This is a book that offers 365 insightful daily meditations that inspire readers to unlock our personal creativity and discover your divine purposes in life. Short stories from people who have experienced profound lessons to center and inspire you.
Books for the BEYOND…..
- Dying Well– I felt a strong desire to take my meditations into the passing of this human experience and what that might look like for my personal journey beyond this human experience. Death is not spoken of much outside of religion or of a traumatic loss- which often triggers uncomfortable and linear conversations. As I define what death truly means to me I am looking for authors to help me along in this journey. Ira is a Doctor so his style of writing is very sterile, scientific and meticulous- which sometimes is a challenging read for me. But I love the massive perspective he gives from his own personal experience with his beloved father as well as a hospice doctor collecting wrenching stories of dying patients and their families.
- Wheels of Life– This is a DENSE book, so unless you have a true desire to be completely (possibly permanently) overwhelmed about the Chakras while simultaneously open to a new world where science and magic meet in our body then this is a GREAT book for you. Wheels of Life takes you on a powerful journey through progressively transcendent levels of consciousness. View this ancient metaphysical system through the light of new metaphors, ranging from quantum physics to child development. Anodea is a freakin’ genius.
*I am not an affiliate or associated with any of these authors, I simply love them 🙂